Saturday, December 24, 2005   permanent link

Fate of Silhouette

Simply because there is no road, does not mean that our journey stops. Maybe, after all our meandering journey of life, all of us reach the end. But at the end, it is the journey that matters the most.





And while walking ahead, eyes look down at the feet, admiring its ability to make the existence move forward. Occasions reframe the fact that the journey is nearing its end -- birthday and the passing of a year.

Truant may be the comprehension,
But not so likely haggard.
The myth lies within the importance
And importance resides within the carcass.


And such occasions make the mind reflect back. Back at the days that the mind thinks is wasted. Back at the days where the mind could do something else, something productive, something conducive, something different but surely... something 'else.'

And barely after the trial of time,
The valiant warrior ponders,
Had he rehearsed before the time of trial.
He could then have done wonders.


Even the most accomplished existence treads this pattern of thought. Why? Well... the answer lies in the word 'else.' Somehow, the insatiable greed of humankind for defining something undefined, results in such an elusive advocation.


Thus, at the end, I too wonder: "What have I done through the passing of time?" Yes, I try to console myself with so many credibilities that I assign myself. But, are they real? Has my existence done a single thing that has helped something? Even Mother Teresa had the same question. And Guess says that you too have the same question. Any deviation is just another self proclaimed credibility to satisfy the mind.







And some among those credibilities are these images. The first image, I consider my best ever outcome of my efforts. This image, and all other images in this post, is from the Southern Avenue Lake. I shot them on the eve of the second day of Vibes 2005.

PS: Also thanks to Shubho for his wholesome patience while I shot the frames. And also thanks to Srinivas Kumar, whom I met only a few weeks ago (on the net) and he told me how to use "depth-of-field" effect of my Camera.


 

14 Comments:

At 12/24/2005 5:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful lines ...
One small advice: While going through this small journey do not forget to enjoy yourself. Do not think of where the journey will take you, but marvel what you are seeing now!

Continue your wonderful blog. I actually shared it with a friend of mine here. It is refreshing to come across a balanced and creative individual, and makes me proud to see and read your page.

Happy Holidays.

 
At 12/24/2005 11:42 am, Blogger alpha_ro_mel said...

...a sojourn beyond the universe, a fistful of crumpled gray hairs and a wrinkled life later he would still be amazed by the simple privacy of the dying sun, the truth it's pockets ambushed, the unconcious truth we live all day, only to kill them at night...for is not the bed a sunset of its own ?...sleeping our own galaxy every time..only to redeem tomorrow the phoenix from her ashes again.

He had seen the sun die, from many a sky around the globe, yet the dying sun never ceased to amaze him...

 
At 12/24/2005 2:47 pm, Blogger ziggetyzoo said...

speechless...awesome would be a terrible understatement...take a bow Mr...brilliant.

 
At 12/24/2005 3:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chobi gulo deklam ..
colour temparature gulo bodhoi ektu change korechis ..

Well, wonderful job once again :)

 
At 12/25/2005 7:43 am, Blogger Shamasis said...

Manosiz'da: Aye Aye sir!!

Romit'da: This reminds me of someone. Someone autumn that withered away in its own cause, where the beholders beckoned him as just another season. Who ois he?

PS: Note the striking difference between the first two and the following ones. I am disappointed. ;-) (I guess, you guessed my thought.)

Rwitayan: You flatter me! And it would hurt lots when people will remove the ladder! So, I guess, I need to have my cushions ready.

Shubhro: Thanks for your visit. I am elated!

PS: These pictures are pure unedited (except the watermark overlayed at the bottom of each.) I still have the original images on my cam. You ay have a look at it. And there are live witness (which includes some of your friends!) ;-)

 
At 12/25/2005 8:23 am, Blogger Tirthankar Das said...

...Why...?
why think of the inevitable?
njoy the present, don't spoil(time,mood,) the present,
to feel the future or, ponder on the past.
Anyways! pics are good.(seen them before)

-> Happy Christmas & a Merry New Year>>>>>>
n'joy

 
At 12/26/2005 1:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing photography. Do let me know how you manage to capture the flying birds everytime? Keep clicking my most 'sophisticated' friend.

 
At 12/26/2005 5:19 pm, Blogger Shamasis said...

tanker: "The ability to control one's own destiny is not to allow the inevitable to happen"

- Shamasis Bhattacharya

kuldip: Thanks again! Well... about the birds, ask some of my friends who accompany me to the shots. They will surely tell you and will tell you with great disgust for the amount of time I spend per picture!!

 
At 12/29/2005 12:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shama,
I have no words for pictures, I dont think ur pictures still need some adjectives to be described, they speak for themselves. But your writeup is brilliant and true to life. You wouldnt believe, even I was thinkin of something similar since the last few days. I have been thinkin of what all we do,what all we think about the ones who are helpless, especially children. Lets join our hands, I am sure, the circle we make by that will be large if not large enough.

 
At 12/29/2005 11:59 pm, Blogger Manish "Diogenes" Golder said...

I really loved the pink sunset. But I really enjoyed the dark trees where the dusk collected in pools of darkness - poetry of perspectives

 
At 1/04/2006 12:54 pm, Blogger babelfish said...

We live in the midst of such beauty and sometimes it's a captured frame that brings the beauty of everyday things to our eyes...I showed these pictures to a friend who has always critisized Calcutta and who thought the lakes were nothing great...your photos captured the beauty I've always seen but been unable to point out to others. Amazing!

Wish you a wonderful, happy year ahead!

 
At 1/05/2006 1:59 am, Blogger Shamasis said...

arpan: To be very frank everyone thinks of joining hands to do something good. However, I feel that if all of us try our personal best to be good to ourselves and to the world, then automatically the world becomes a better place to live in. (Though I know that I am expressing an Utopian fantasy!)

manish'da: And as always your eyes are as sharp as focussed sunrays.

babelfish: Pleased to be at your service, dear. Nevertheless, you just make me feel that I should not stop.
Thanks for your wishes. Wishing you a happy year too.

 
At 1/27/2006 11:38 pm, Blogger Kuldip Kumar Garhwal said...

hey sis
whats up? havent seen a new entry on a blog from a long time.. come on put something new... its been over a month now..

i got inspired by you and started my own blog (kulxp.blogspot.com) and now you are not publishing ur thoughts...

 
At 1/31/2006 1:17 am, Blogger Shamasis said...

@kuldip: I am honoured to hear that you started your blog after being inspired by me! Nevertheless, it is actually your humble feelings that spoke those words. Thank you.

I guess, like most people who visit my blog, I too feel the "quality" aspect should be prioritized. Hence, owing to my poor health, lack of inspiration and non-creative projetcs, that I could not blog on time. But, sure enough I will do it soon. And will also inform you all.

Take Care.

 

Post a Comment

Go to blog home page